Driving Tips to Avoid Deer Claims…
- Deer are most active between sunset and midnight, as well as pre-dawn hours.
- October-January is migration and mating season for deer. Be on the look-out!
- If you see a deer-crossing sign, SLOW DOWN!
- When you see one deer, there are likely others nearby.
- Keep your brights on when there is no oncoming traffic.
- Honk your horn if you see a deer frozen in your headlights.
- Brake and stay in your lane if you can’t avoid a deer.
- For insurance purposes, be sure to take photos of the accident scene and your vehicle damage.